JS211 blog 1
- Describe one thing you’re learning in class today.
Today in class we learned about if/else statements and the best ways to write them with many conditions.
- What is the difference between == and === ?
== compares two variables but ignores the datatype, === checks the datatype as well.
- What is the value of foo? var foo = 10 + ‘20’;
foo = ‘1020’
- Describe what a terminal application is.
A terminal application is an app ran in a terminal, like the Rock paper scissors app we did in class. It allows us to accomplish tasks on the computer without the use of the GUI
- What is the ternary operator?
A ternary operator takes 3 commands: a condition followed by a question mark, an expression to execute if the condition is true, followed by a colon and an expression to execute if the condition is false. It can be used instead of an if statement.
- What are some ways to ensure that your website design or web application is accessible and user-friendly?
Get feedback from users, have an easy to read layout, and have a good font/color scheme.
- What are your favorite features of HTML5, and how have you implemented them in your front-end development projects?
I like using div containers to help seperate out my code and keep everything organized.
Naming classes and id’s, keeping a consistent format, and always simplifying code if possible as to not repeat myself.
- What’s your process for addressing browser-specific rendering problems? Do you find that a certain browser is more challenging to work with than others?